Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekly Schedule and Mudbowl Review

I'll get to the schedule later, but first I'd like to review our performance at Mudbowl. We played really well in horrible weather on Saturday and won our pool. We all figured our pool was pretty weak, but I was just looking at the results and the 2 and 3 seeds from our pool (Alabama and Berry) both won their pre-quarters game to make quarters. We came out a little flat again Sunday, and got beaten by Dayton. Once again we go one and out on Sunday.

In general, I thought the rookies played really well, that we learned a lot, and showed some glimpses of achieving our potential. Our zone O was looking great, our zone D was looking pretty good, but our man O and D suffered from playing so much zone. The reason we lost in the quarters is because Dayton went to man D and we weren't able to move the disc very well. Also, our zone D wasn't working against them, and our man D was bad. We need to get back to basics on man O and D. Also, I've tweaked our man O a little, we're going to go over it this week.

As for particulars, Fox and I reviewed everyone's performance over the weekend. I've got a list of things I want everyone to be working on for the rest of the season. I'll email you individually with the list of things you need to work on. In practice, from now on, we'll have individual work time, in addition to team work time. We don't have a lot of new strategy to learn, some more redzone stuff, maybe another zone D, and maybe, briefly, a new man offense.

As a team, here are the skills we need to continue working on: continuation cuts, dump/swing, deep cuts, man D, clearing, not cutting in from the front of the stack, marking/not getting broken, redzone offense, conditioning, and upwind throws.

Schedule
Monday (in Gym):
Warmup
5 box drills
10 Throw
3 person marking drill
Discuss Man O
Walkthrough Man O
Handler Cut Drill
Dump Swing Drill
Hander Cut + Dump Swing Drill
Continuation Drill
Individual work
3 on 3/court disc
8x20/10 intervals - burpees

Tuesday:
Warmup
10 Throw
Goto Drill
Huddle - Reminder about Man O
Scrimmage
Review Game
8x20/10s intervals - sprints

Thursday:
Warmup
10 Throw
1 on 1 Defensive coverage
Review Man O
Handler Cut Drill
Dump Swing Drill
HC + DS Drill
Continuation Drill
Individual work
8x20/10s Intervals - sprints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home